The daily routine at the De Colores Toddler Program is complemented by a full range of extracurricular experiences including:.
- Yoga Children in the Toddler and Pre-K classes participate in weekly yoga classes taught by Autumn Wilson of Yoga Chai. Autumn holds certifications in Itsy Bitsy Yoga®, Radiant Child Yoga, Yoga 4 Teens, and pre/post-natal yoga.
- Music Award-winning musician, singer, and songwriter Lilo Gonzalez joins De Colores on a weekly basis to share his engaging Spanish songs and music.
- Garden/nature studies De Colores has its own garden in its playspace, allowing children to engage in gardening and nature.
- Cooking Children love to cook! And by doing so improve fine motor skills and sensory exploration. It’s a fantastic and fun way to introduce concepts related to nutrition, cooperation, measurement, shapes, and science.
- Art De Colores Learning Center’s director, Florencia del Villar holds a master degree in education and fine arts and was bilingual art teacher for several years prior to founding De Colores Learning Center. She oversees an art program for all age groups in which children express, explore, create and have a lot of fun.
- Takoma Park Public Library De Colores Learning Center is located within walking distance of the beautiful Takoma Park Neighborhood Library. The library is a fun and welcoming destination for De Colores children and our Toddler and Pre-K groups visit often.